I stumbled across The Fat Burning Kitchen written by Mike Geary and Catherine Ebeling, whilst I was researching the Fat Decimator System. I like to keep learning and expanding my knowledge when it comes to health and fitness.
I’m still not sure about the Fat Decimator System yet, the weight-loss claims seem a bit out there. I might buy it one day to see what the hype is all about and review it for you.
The Fat Burning Kitchen, what can I say I’m glad I found this book? I’m a bit of a slow reader but I still managed to finish the book in a few days. Some of the information in the book I already knew, after finishing the book I did come away learning a bit more about healthy eating.
This book is not just about protein, carbohydrates, and fats, it covers vitamins and minerals. The quality of foods and the hidden dangers of some sweeteners, margarine, and processed foods. You’re encouraged to eat wholesome good quality foods.
When you buy the book, you will be offered the chance to purchase other books by Mike Geary, I did not need any of these books, so I don’t know what’s in them. Once you’ve paid for the book you will be emailed with the download details as it comes in PDF format.
This book is not very expensive but is really worth the read. Check out the latest price here. Hopefully, they are still offering the discount I paid $10 for my copy.
If you would like to find out more about The Fat Burning Kitchen, please feel free to continue reading.
How would you like a free copy of Mike’s ‘Training & Nutrition Insider Secrets for a Lean-Body’?
* I Respect Your Privacy – I Will Not Sell, Rent Or Spam Your Email. Your email address is only used to send you our newsletter and information about Getting Old And Fit. Unsubscribe anytime using the link included in every email*
About Mike Geary
Mike Geary is the owner and author of TruthAboutAbs.com and several other popular fitness and health websites. He has authored the internationally best-selling ebook, The Truth about Six Pack Abs. Currently, The Truth about Six Pack Abs is the #1 ranked Abdominals ebook in the world (as ranked by clickbank.com) with over 539,000 readers in 163 countries to date.
Mike has also had hundreds of fitness articles published on thousands of fitness websites around the world. He has also been a contributing author to the popular Muscle & Fitness Magazine & Oxygen Magazine.
Working in the fitness industry, Mike is a Certified Nutrition Specialist and a Certified Personal Trainer specializing in body fat reduction strategies and functional strength and power training.
What do You Get With The Fat Burning Kitchen?
Once you’ve completed your order you will receive an email like the one in the picture, thanking you for your order and containing the links to download the book.
The Fat Burning Kitchen is 123 pages split into 3 parts.
- Part 1, The cleanout. This part is split into 10 chapters, which helps you know what foods to avoid and clear out your cupboards
- Part 2, How to Stock Your Fat-Burning Kitchen. This part is split into 13 chapters. You will learn what foods you need to buy.
- Part 3, is a bonus chapter which goes into detail on how Mike blueprint for 23 days to fat lose
The information in this book is based on scientific studies and Mike’s own experience helping others with their fitness goals.
The Clean Out
In the first part of The Fat Burning Kitchen, you will learn about which foods to avoid and remove from your kitchen today. The book goes on to talk about the side effects and dangers of some of the foods we think are healthy but are actually bad for you.
You don’t just get told they are bad for you, you will get the science behind why some of these foods are not good for us.
- Foods made with refined flour and corn products
- Food and drinks containing high fructose corn syrup
- Margarine, vegetable oils, trans fats, Crisco
- Artificial Sweeteners—Splenda, NutraSweet, Saccharin
- Commercial Pasteurized Dairy
- Commercially raised meats; farm-raised fish
- Soy Products—Soymilk, tofu, TVP
- Sports/Energy Drinks
- Energy Bars
- Processed Foods, Weight-loss meals, Diet Snacks, and Diet Desserts
Some of the foods on the list may be obvious and you’re already heard about them for example margarine, vegetable oils, and sugar, but like me, you never thought about commercially raised meat and what they do to animals.
For example, giving the animals antibiotics that can be passed on to humans. This first part of the book is a real eye-opener.
How to Stock Your Fat-Burning Kitchen
Ok, if like me some of that was a bit of a shock to the system and you’ve picked your jaw up off the floor, here comes the good news.
You will now learn about what foods you should get to stock your cupboards to allow you to start eating healthy and making changes to health.
- High-quality protein-grass fed beef or bison, wild-caught fish, free-range chicken, whole (free-range) eggs
- Raw dairy milk and cheese
- Grass-fed dairy butter, coconut oil, lard
- Nuts-Almonds, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, brazil nuts, cashews, macadamia nuts
- Organic berries
- Organic dark green leafy vegetables
- Healthy Sweeteners: Real Maple Syrup, Raw honey, Stevia
- Healthy REAL Food Energy Bars
- Dark Chocolate
- Green tea, oolong, black, mate, herb teas
- Items to Keep in Your Kitchen
- The Transformation Has Begun!
If you, like me, sometimes you find it difficult to know what types of food to stock, I know the above list tells you the food you should stock, each of these chapters lists out every type of food you need to get in.
I think you will find this part really helpful. I like the shopping list at the end which you could print off and take shopping with you.
The Advanced Nutritional Fat-Burning Blueprint: The 23-Day Accelerated Fat Loss Plan
My opinion of Mike went up when reading this section as he mentions this 23-day fat loss plan is not for everyone.
I really like it when someone is honest and tells you this up front, instead of you reading everything and then saying to yourself this is not for me.
Even though it mentions it might not be for everyone and that is tough going please do read this section, there are some really good pointers that might help you out with your own fitness goals.
References Used in The Fat Burning Kitchen
I really like it when a book references studies throughout its pages, but what I find really helpful is when the references are listed out for the studies the content is based on. In the back of The Fat Burning Kitchen, you will find a list of references to the studies.
My Final Thoughts
I’ve been reading and researching health-related topics for a few years now, I was not sure if I would get anything out of this book,
By the end of The Fat Burning Kitchen, I did find, I came away with a bit more knowledge and understanding of nutrition. Especially around the farming of livestock and the drugs that are used on these animals.
What also surprised me was how Salmon raised in these farms have a much lower benefit to your health compared to wild Salmon.
I did, however, find the book a bit dry in places and a bit hard going. If you can overcome these dry bits you will definitely come away with new-found knowledge.